Ten clubs will qualify for the MLS Cup Playoffs — the top five in points from each conference at the end of the regular season:
- The 4th- and 5th- place teams will play a single knockout game, and the winner will advance to the Conference Semifinals and face the 1st-place team in the conference;
- The Conference Semifinals will be decided by a two-game, aggregate-goal format;
- The Conference Championships will be decided by a two-game, aggregate-goal format;
- MLS Cup will be hosted by the finalist that finished the regular season with the most points in the standings
The playoffs will be broadcast on ESPN, NBC/NBCSN, and Univision in the United States and on TSN and RDS in Canada.
The MLS Cup final will air on ESPN, UniMas, TSN and RDS networks.
MLS Cup Playoffs 2014, presented by AT&T schedule:
Conference Knockout Round
- Wed-Thurs, Oct. 29-30
- Leg 1, Sat-Sun, Nov. 1-2
- Leg 2, Sat-Sun, Nov. 8-9
- Leg 1, Sat-Sun, Nov. 22-23
- Leg 2, Sat-Sun., Nov. 29-30
MLS Cup Final
- 3 pm ET, Sun., Dec. 7
More details here.