This is a pretty well done parody of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. The acting will always be a little subpar when you use athletes in a short skit like this but overall I think it was an effective marketing ad for MLS games. Below are some of the things that jumped out at me from the parody trailer.
1. Wow Mike Magee really does look like Bradley Cooper. That lucky son of a bitch.
2. Hope Solo chasing you down could be one of the scariest things in the world. She has no mercy on her family, imagine if she caught a non-family member? (too soon?)
3. I still have no idea why Judah Friedlander is now synonymous with MLS but I have to admit his parody of the monotone “Bueller, Bueller, Bueller” is spot on.
4. Omar Gonzalez plays a very convincing Cameron Frye. Still not sure if that’s a good thing or not.
5. Why is Michael Bradley driving the car at the end? He is not even mentioned in the skit and then there he is driving the car. Someone from Kick TV explain this.
6. Sydney Leroux, marry me.